Choosing the correct SMS Provider and SMS PackThere are many SMS providers that provide SMS service. When selecting an Provider and SMS Plan for Chikitsa, please keep following points in mind:
- HTTP to SMS API : Chikitsa requires HTTP to SMS API to send SMS. to SMS API. HTTP to SMS API is a RESTful API that uses simple query parameters via URLs. These API uses an URL of following type to send SMS https://api.smsprovider.com/http-api.php?action=sendsms&user=testuser&password=secret&&from=Test&to=999999999&text=Hello%20world. So you need to make sure that the SMS Provider uses this method to send SMS.
- Transactional SMS : It is adivsable to purchase Transactional SMS Plan. The SMS we send from Chikitsa are Transactional SMS only.
SMS SettingsYou will receive following information from your SMS provider once you purchase your SMS Pack
- URL format
- Sender ID : This is not mandatory / not required. So don’t worry if your SMS Provider doesnt provide you one.
- sender id
- to mobile number – Number to which we want to send SMS
- message – the actual text message
- template_id – Some SMS providers requires that you register the template of SMS before sending it. And send the SMS along with SMS.
SMS FormatsYou will need to enable SMS and set SMS format before you can send SMS. On Administration > Alert Settings Page, in Settings.
- Enable the Alerts that you want to send.
- To Edit the SMS Format , Click on Edit Format.
If your service proivder requires, register SMS template first. They will provide you with a Template ID
Enter the template ID ini SMS Format. Enter the SMS template in the SMS Format. You will need to use shortcodes like
- [patient_name] – Patient Full Name
- [patient_id] – Patient ID
- [clinic_name] – Clinic Name
- [doctor_name] – Doctor Name
- [dose_time] – Morning | Tuesday | Wednesday
- [sms_medicine_details] – All Medicine Details
- [appointment_time] – Appointment Time
- [appointment_date] – Appointment Date
- [appointment_status] – Appointment Status