Installing Chikitsa – Clinic & Hospital Management System
This guide will walk you through how to successfully install Chikitsa – Clinic & Hospital Management System
Downloading and unzipping Chikitsa archive
The latest version of Chikitsa can be downloaded from sourceforge. The download page also offers access to previous versions of Chikitsa . Under the Name column, locate Chikitsa(Latest Version).zip and press the Chikitsa(Latest Version).zip link directly across from it under the Name column. This will download the compressed archive of that version of Chikitsa in a zip file. For Latest Version of Chikitsa , a file named “Chikitsa(Latest Version).zip” will be downloaded.
Note: If you don’t have a program on your computer that can extract files from a zip file, WinRar can be downloaded for free. Unzipping the zip file will uncompress the archive so the files can be accessed by a web server.
Uploading Chikitsa’s files
Upload unzip folder either to the root of your web server or into the directory from which they will be served.
Note: If you don’t have a webserver installed in your computer, XAMPP can be downloaded for free. You can view the installation instructions for XAMPP for Windows at WikiHow : How to Install XAMPP for Windows. You also need to start XAMPP at Windows Startup. Here are the instructions
Visit http://your-server.com/install.php (or http://your-server.com/subfolder/install.php) in your web browser and follow the steps provided by the installer.
Fill details for your database and and click on install button. so It will give you success message and admin username password information. After Clicking on “Continue to Application” button you can continue with chikitsa.
After the Installation is done, go to http://your-server.com/ (or http://your-server.com/subfolder/) to access Chikitsa
1. in the folder that you copied and extracted Chikitsa in htdocs, go to sql/install folder and locate a file createtables.sql, createviews.sql and insertdata.sql file
2. Open these files in a text editor like notepad++
3. Replace all %dbprefix% with a desired prefix like ck_ and save each file
4. Also open language files like arabic.sql, english.sql,gujarati.sql,french.sql, italiano.sql and spanish.sql from sql/install folder and Replace all %dbprefix% with a desired prefix like ck_ and save all the files
5. Open PHPMyAdmin and create a database .e.g. chikitsa
6. import the createtables.sql, createviews.sql and insertdata.sql , that you just modified, in this database
7. Then import all language file like english.sql,arabic.sql,french.sql etc from sql/install in same database.
8. Once all files are imported , run following Query in sql tab of phpmyadmin
(replace %dbprefix% with a previously taken prefix like ck_ in following sqls)
INSERT INTO %dbprefix%contacts(contact_id,first_name,last_name) VALUES(1,”system”,”admin”);
INSERT INTO %dbprefix%users(name,username,password,level,is_active,contact_id) VALUES (“System Administrator”,”admin”,”YWRtaW4=”,”System Administrator”,1,”1″);
9. In the htdocs/chikitsa folder , go to application/config and locate the sample-database.php
10. Rename this file to database.php
11. Open the database.php in notepad++, and change the following values
‘hostname’ => ‘localhost’,
‘username’ => ‘root’,
‘password’ => ”,
‘database’ => ‘chikitsa’,
‘dbdriver’ => ‘mysqli’,
‘dbprefix’ => ‘ck_’,
(Change the values of array according to your settings)
12. In the htdocs/chikitsa folder , go to application/config and locate the sample-config.php
13. Rename this file to config.php
14. Open config.php file in text editor , and change following value
$config[‘base_url’] = “http://your-server.com/”;
15. Again access Chikitsa from your URL
(enter your folder name in htdocs/ where chikitsa installed) .e.g http://localhost/HMS
16. Try to login with following login credentials
username = admin
password = admin